Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes...

Wow.  What a week-and it's only Wednesday!

On Monday, Mark called me at work and informed me that he had been let go from his job.  I thought he was kidding (because it's Mark), but quickly found out he wasn't.  I completely fell apart, and I thank God for the co-workers I have who gave me hugs, empathy, offered help, and just let me talk and express my concerns and feelings.  I work for an amazing man, and after 14 years, my co-workers are family to me (as well as some of the best friends I've ever had).  

In the two days since, time seems to be standing still.  There seems to be so much to do; so many people to call and  so many bills that need reviewed to see where we can cut costs.  There are so many decisions that affect the kids, and that's what is so hard for us.  For example, we realized that we had to pull Lauren out of preschool.  It's $135/week that we can no longer afford.  That makes both of us feel terrible because she loves going there, but it doesn't make good sense to spend that much money when Mark is at home all day. I hate having to change her world, yet again; she just got used to preschool!  Other things like: do we need to get rid of all luxuries like cable, our cell phones, etc.-which I think would technically make us Amish.  Ugh.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going.  One thing all of you can do for us is pray to the one person who can help us through this-Jesus Christ.  I have faith that God is with us, and I know that he will provide for us as long as we are willing to do our part.  

Thank You, 
Kelly (and Mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment