Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heather's Birthday

My sister, Heather, celebrated her 37th birthday this week!


I am so lucky to have a sister, but even more lucky to have Heather as my sister.  We are 4 1/2 years apart, so growing up wasn't always easy.  I was usually spying on her, taking her clothes, playing in her make-up & jewelry-basically being a pesky little sister.  We had some epic fights that usually ended in me chasing her with brooms or other objects that I wanted to beat her with (I might have anger issues...).


That all changed when I finally began to mature.  We became best friends and formed a bond that will never be broken.  Heather has always been a cool older sister; letting me hang out with her friends, doing my hair for me, giving me advice, etc.  I quickly realized that she always had my back, and I knew I would always have hers.  


Heather, you are the most gentle, kind-hearted person I know.  Your compassion and empathy are an inspiration to me always.  Your life has had many challenges, but you always pick yourself up and move forward with a smile on your face.  You are a great mom to Aidan, a great wife to Steve, and an awesome sister to me.  I know I can count on you in any circumstance-you've always been there for me in the good times and bad.  You are truly a blessing in my life and I hope you know that I love you very much!


Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment