Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ben Turns 9!

So...I'm a little over 2 weeks late due to issues with my scanner, but...

Happy Birthday, Ben!


On May 30th, my little boy turned 9!  I can't believe it's been 9 years since I saw his sweet face for the first time.  
Me & Ben (both red-faced!!)


Ben was always a very happy baby; he loved to smile and belly-laugh.  He was very curious, though.  I had to keep a close eye on him-I paid the price when I didn't!




discovering plumbing

discovering Q-tips


discovering cabinetry

discovering music
Other discoveries not pictured: discovering cell phones in toilets, discovering the taste of Science Diet dog food, discovering baby powder, and many, many more!


Ben was our second attempt at parenting; our dog Mooky was the only practice we had!  Mooky was 4 1/2 years old when Ben came along, and we tried to make him feel like he was still part of the family...






I so enjoyed Ben's love of Thomas the Tank Engine at 3 years old.  It was so fun watching him play with the train sets and make-believe he was Sir Topham Hat!

Our Day Out With Thomas


Before we knew it, it was time for Ben to start kindergarten!  He was so excited to get on the school bus!  I remember asking the teacher how they planned on keeping him inside of the school-we were convinced he would just take off running out of the doors the first chance he got!


Ben's first day of kindergarten

Two months after Ben started kindergarten, he became a big brother!  He was AWESOME from the very beginning!  He was very sweet with Lauren and always wanted to help.
Ben-keeping Lauren entertained


Ben has two best buddies: his cousin, Aidan, and his friend, Davis.  Aidan and Ben always have fun playing Wii, wrestling, or chasing each other.  Davis doesn't live in Cincinnati, but when he visits, Ben can't wait to see him!

The Best Buddies in Florida



Ben has changed my life in so many ways.  He taught me what true, unconditional love is.  He taught me how to be selfless, after so many years of being selfish.  He taught me humility-often.  He has attempted to teach me patience, although most days I feel I feel like I need to re-read the lesson!  He taught me how to be silly, how to look at the bright side of life, and how I should enjoy the simple things in life, like:
dancing
playing 
relaxing
enjoying nature
being thrilled
being part of a team
having time to yourself
faith
Ben has given me nine years of laughter, worry, sleep deprivation, humility, and most of all, love.  I am so proud of him and can't imagine my life without him.  He continues to teach me way more than I am teaching him, and I am so thankful for that.


Happy Birthday, Benny Tay!  Thanks for being...you.

1 comment: