Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mt. Vernon Trip

This weekend, my parents, my sister, Lauren, and myself drove up to Mt. Vernon, OH to attend a baby shower for my cousin-in-law, Vanessa.  Vanessa and Isaac (my cousin) are expecting their first child, a baby girl to be named Abigail, in August.  I am so excited for them!  I think they will make excellent parents.
The happy parents-to-be!

The ladies


We stayed at my Aunt Karen's beautifully remodeled house during our visit.  The highlight for Lauren was getting to feed the free-range chickens, rooster, and turkey that Karen's neighbor owns.  


I couldn't help but think that my grandpa would be so proud right now...




Lauren was also very excited to get to spend some time with her second cousin, Lily.  I like to watch them interact and listen to the things they say to each other.  It's definitely different from Ben and Aidan, that's for sure!



My cousin, Jacob, and his wife, Rachael, announced that they were expecting, also!  The Bush family continues to grow...who's next??





I had great bonding time with my family.  Sometimes I wonder if we are the only family who can talk the entire 2-hour car ride, and never re-visit a subject!


After the baby shower, we ate dinner and took Lauren to a park to expend some energy; I could tell she was about to blow after the car ride and sitting through dinner.
"concentrate...concentrate..."
She had that car rockin'!
As I watched her play, I thought about how different Isaac and Vanessa's life is about to be.  Right now, their time is their own.  They can come and go without having to consider feedings, sleep time, etc.  They can go to dinner without being embarrassed by a screaming kid, they can hold entire conversations without interruption.  I look at them and say, "They have it soooo easy!"  The crazy thing is, they have no idea how easy they have it.  Five years from now, they will barely remember what their lives were like before Abigail came along.  More amazing than that, they won't want to.  She will become their everything.   


I think I know how that feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment