Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Potails

Tonight was a big night in the White house; Lauren FINALLY went poop in the potty for me!!!

I found out last week that she has been pooping in the potty at the babysitter's house nearly every day.  I was floored!  Almost every night she poops in her underpants, which is a huge mess!  She will wander off and just when I start to realize that she's quiet, the smell creeps out of the room and she appears with a guilty look on her face.  She has gone for my mom, she has gone for Mark, but she would not go for me!  Even though it has been a huge inconvenience, I thought it was better to keep her in underpants than going back and forth between diapers and underpants.  

Tonight, she said she needed to go pee and called us into the bathroom.  Much to our surprise, she had gone poop!  

Our deal is that if she goes poop in the potty, I will paint her toenails.  Every time she would poop in her pants, I would say, "Lauren, you need to go poop in the potty like a big girl."  She would reply (with much enthusiasm), "So I can get my potails painted?"    



So tonight was the night.  I let her pick the color and she picked what my friend, Sandy, would call "brazen hussy red."  I didn't care, though.  It was her prize to pick.  I'm so proud of my big girl!!!


Update:  I gave her a bath and put her in a diaper and nightgown prior to painting her nails.  She just pooped in her diaper while I was typing this. Children are so humbling, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment