Sunday, October 24, 2010

This Weekend...

Lauren & Tyler got to play!
Chloe wanted some cake, too!


What a nice weekend!
On Saturday night, we celebrated my Mom's birthday with some cake & ice cream at her house.  The kids had fun playing outside and I got to catch up with the rest of my family.





My Mom-isn't she beautiful?
I have been reflecting on my relationship with my Mom a lot the past couple months, mainly because a co-worker of mine lost her mother recently.  I've been thinking about how far we've come since the days of my teenage years (when I thought she was the meanest mother in the world!).  I thought about all we've gone through, together.  The bed-wetting years (ugh!), soccer games, dating Mark, the unexpected death of both of her parents, my wedding, the "financial crisis of 2004", and the birth of my children.  She has ALWAYS been there for me, even when she could barely stand through her own tears.  I know how lucky I am to have such a special friend in my Mom; I just hope I can give her back some of what she's given me!




Ben with his pumpkin
On Sunday, after watching the Bengals STINK IT UP again, we decided to raise our spirits by carving our pumpkins.  Okay, carving their pumpkins-I didn't get one because I'm not a huge fan of the carving of pumpkins.  It's not the mess, it's the fact that I am horrible at anything creative.  Seriously.  If you want to watch me break out in hives, set me down with a scrapbook project.  I am way too much of a perfectionist to be creative!
LJ preparing to "draw" her pumpkin face


Mark, getting into the Halloween spirit


Me, finding some creativity!

Finally, I decided to help carve Lauren's pumpkin after she had finished drawing on it.  

all finished (& bathed!)
What do you think?  Mine is the one in the middle. Sadly, this is one of the best pumpkin carvings I have ever done...

No comments:

Post a Comment