Monday, December 6, 2010

First Snowfall

This weekend was our first taste of winter-we got our first snowfall of the season!
I was awoken on Saturday morning at 7:45 by Ben, dressed in a snow suit & boots, repeating over & over, "Mommy...you've GOT to look outside!  You're gonna be surprised!!!"  He was right, I was surprised.  We had maybe 1 inch of snow on the ground.  Even though I was annoyed that he kept waking me up every 10 minutes for a weather report, I came to a realization:  it's nice to have kids around to point out the simple joys in life.  Too often as adults, we tend to look at the negatives of everything instead of remembering the pure joy of watching snow fall and being able to play outside in it.  Not once did they say, "I'm too cold" or "All this sled-riding is wearing me out!"  Those thoughts are reserved for the minds of adults.

Here are some pics of our snowy fun!



it's not a big hill, but it works!

my "old man" dog enjoying the cold

No comments:

Post a Comment