Monday, December 13, 2010

Sunday School Teacher

This Sunday, Mark and I got the chance to be Sunday School teachers!  Well, I did the "teaching" and Mark ran damage control.  It was so much fun!  I taught in Lauren's class and was a teacher to 11 three year olds.  We had 4 high school student-helpers, and Ben came with us, also.  Besides one little boy getting a bloody lip from tripping on the rug, it went pretty well!  We made birthday invitations (for Jesus' birthday party :)), read the story of Christmas (okay, I read and they listened for about 30 seconds), played with toys, and finished with some goldfish and water.  The best quote of the morning came from Lauren:  "I'm not afraid of God anymore," she said.  I told her that was good...?


It took me back to my childhood, growing up in church and attending Sunday School.  Church was a big part of my life when I was a kid, and I am so thankful that my parents gave me a good Christian foundation to live my life on.  It always meant so much to me that as a child and young adult, whenever I had a question about God, my parents could always give me an answer that was Biblically based.  As an adult, it's nice to know that I belong to such an awesome church (Christ's Church at Mason) that gives that same spiritual guidance.  We have been members for almost 6 years, and I have learned so much about the Bible and met some incredible people during this time.  


I hope you will spend some time in the next couple of weeks focusing on the reason we celebrate Christmas, and give thanks to God for the blessings you have in your life.  One of the most precious blessings I give thanks for is that I  live in a country where I am free to teach a class full of children about the birth of Jesus Christ.  And I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful place to do it!  Thanks CCM!


No comments:

Post a Comment