Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Week

I usually have Fridays off, but I switched and had Monday off, instead.  I had a great day on Monday hanging with my girl.  The house was clean and I was pretty unmotivated to do anything but play and relax.  We had some Barbie time, we had a tea party, we painted some potails, we watched some TV - all in all, it was pretty awesome!
playing Barbies/tea party
Then...it was time to go to the doctor for her 3 year check up.  She started to panic, but I informed her that I didn't think she would need any shots.  Much to our dismay, she needed one.  She got upset, but not near as upset as when he looked in her ears!  After having repeat ear infections and tubes, she is completely freaked out by anyone touching her ears.  Here are her stats:


  • Weight:  32lbs
  • Height:  37 inches
  • Percentile:  60% for weight, 40% for height
at the doctor, after her shot!
The doctor said she is doing great!  She is potty-trained (except at bedtime), she's talking well, and is learning more and more each day.  She is constantly asking me when she can go to school now that she's "a big girl."  I keep telling her to quit rushing me!  I need some time to take in all this cute 3 year old behavior, 'cause I know what lies around the corner.

On Thursday, Mark traveled to Columbus to act in a commercial for an attorney's office.  He had to get up at 5:00am to drive there and be on set by 8:30.  If you know Mark, he is not a morning person.  He isn't mean or grumpy, he just simply won't get out of bed!  When it comes to acting or directing, however, he bounces out of bed with glee.  I remember when he was shooting a film called 13 Floors during the Summer of 2007.  He was getting up at 6:30 in the morning and coming to bed between 3:30 and 4:00 the next morning; not once did he complain.  He loved it!  It's nice to see him so happy, doing something he enjoys so much.  
at the shoot in his dressing room
This commercial was shot at a production company that has all the bells and whistles.  He even had his own dressing area!  He met the attorney, who told Mark that he was chosen out of 215 people to act in the commercial.  He had a great time and is very excited about the increase in acting opportunities that he has had recently.  Hopefully there are more to come in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment